Air Conditioning Options for Older Homes Which Air Conditioning System...Read More
Everything you Need to Know About
Boilers & Furnace Repairs
As winter approaches it is important to make sure your heating system is well maintained and ready to serve! First thing first is knowing what you have and how that impacts to kinds of things to look out for. If you have a furnace you’ll have different maintenance needs than if you have a boiler. Which also means furnace repairs are going to be different than boiler repairs. HTR Mechanical can help you with any HVAC system if they need maintenance or repair.
Furnace vs. Boilers
Common Furnace Repair
- Cracked Heat Exchanger – This pricey repair can be prevented with regular maintenance. This part is important because it separates the combustion process from the breathing air in your furnace.
- Dirty Filters – If you want your furnace to run efficiently then you’ll want to make sure your filters are cleaned or replaced regularly.
- Slipped or Frayed Blower Belt – If you hear a high-pitched squeal then it might be the belt. The blower moves the warm air throughout the house, thus if the belt goes then the air isn’t being distributed.
- Electric Ignition or Pilot Light Control Problems – The ignition of pilot light is the heating element of the furnace, so if you notice a drop in heat you might need a professional to look at this.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat – If your thermostat is malfunctioning it can mess with the fan and comfort levels of your home so if you notice anything off about it be sure to call for help.
- Worn Out Ball Bearings – Usually signified by a scraping sound, if you hear this you’ll want to turn off the furnace and call an HVAC expert right away.
Common Boiler Repair
- Leaks – Since boilers are designed to be airtight, any leaking is a severe issue. The source of the leak must be found, repaired and the lost water replaced right away.
- Low Water Pressure – Listen for any rumbling sounds because it is a sign of overheating. Leaving your system like this can cause extensive and pricey repairs.
- Corroded Parts – Rust sometimes can get into the boiler and usually means it needs to be replaced. This problem can be limited by regular maintence.
- Broken Circulator Pump – If your heat seems to have stopped but the boiler still seems to be running then the issue is likely the circulator pump. This is a common and fairly easy job for professional HVAC service providers.
- Dirty Tanks – Every now and then the water in the boiler gets dirty with sediment and needs to be replaced with clean water. Regular cleaning keepts the efficancy up in your boiler.
- Burnt-Out Heating Element – In electric boilers there are two heating elements that warm the water inside the tank. If one goes then the temperature will drop, and thus the element will need to be replaced.
Does your boiler need maintenance? Is your furnace in need of repair? Is your system ready for winter? In want for water heater service? Need a different HVAC service? HTR Mechanical is here for the greater Bucks County, PA areas! Contact us today for fast and professional HVAC service!
Want to see examples of our work? Want to stay up-to-date with HVAC services in Bucks County? Feel free to follow us on social media to get the latest updates, special offers and expert advice. We also post articles with tips, advice and insider looks about HVAC systems. Click the links below to give them a read! We add new articles often so there will always be new things to learn. We look forward to seeing you on the web!